If you are on the run like I am, a post-workout protein muffin is perfect after your workout. The golden window for feeding your body after an intense workout is around 30 minutes maximum after you are done with your workout.
One of my favorite muffin recipes for post workouts is my protein, yam and oats muffin. This muffin is packed full of great nutrients to start your recovery process and feed that early morning hunger.
Ingredients for 12 muffins
3 cups instant (rolled) oats
375 gr yam (sweet potato) raw
2 scoops of Vanilla Vegan Protein
1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 egg white
1 1/2 cups almond mild (unsweetened)
1/2 cup 0% Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon coconut oil (melted)
Optional: sprinkle each muffin of coconut sugar before cooking and few chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven at 350F.
- Grate the raw yam and place in a bowl.
- In a large bowl, add all of your dry ingredients: oatmeal, protein powder, baking powder, cinnamon and ground flax seeds. Mix together well. Then add egg and egg white, Greek Yogurt and almond milk to the dry ingredients and mix together with a spatula.
- Slowly add the grated yam and stir thoroughly to ensure it is mixed well.
- Pour the batter into your muffin tin
- Optional you can sprinkle a little coconut sugar and chops walnuts on top of each muffin before you put in the oven.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350F or until your insert a toothpick in the muffin and it comes out clean. Note: be careful not to over cook these since they will be eaten throughout the week and you don not want to dry them out when they are reheated.